adsense

Some of My Travel Adventures

Before I grow old and forget a lot of things, Im writing some of my travel adventures.

How many times have I almost died? - 12 (if I were a cat, I would have been doomed!)
- The car I was riding in almost fell off a ravine in Tagaytay.
- The van I was riding in almost fell off a cliff in Dapitan City
- A rock the size of a car rolled between our car and that of former DOT (then) undersecretary Alunan when we went on a relief operation in Baguio City after an earthquake
- I almost lost my grip on a rope while inside a deep cave in Marinduque
- I fell off a ravine in Taal Volcano, but a miracle happened, I landed on a ledge!
- I almost fell off a deep ravine in Antique when I tripped and slid on a steep trail. Luckily, a piece of wood caught the strap of my backpack
- I slipped on a waterfall cascade. Luckily, I landed on my feet.
- I almost drowned when we helped a woman from drowning in a deep basin of a waterfall in Famy, Laguna
- A big rock landed on my head which made my face awfully bloody in Aurora. Luckily, I got a very thick skull. I got the rock as a souvenir!
- A lightning almost hit me in Turtle Island in Tawi-tawi
- I got caught in the middle of a storm in Sibuyan, Romblon (the one in Coron was nothing)
- I really thought I was going to die while crossing an improvised path in a landslide in Antique (this should not be counted, thought. My balls just raced up my throat)
- I Majayjay, Laguna, a snake was right in front of my face, ready to strike me. But I did not notice it as I was busy looking at a beautiful flower.

*********

The food that I ate
- Balut? naahhh...half the macho Filipinos and courageous girls eat balut like boiled egg.
- Sashing - sea worm that actually looks like.... white worm... or spaghetti... (in Ilo-ilo)
- Grilled bee larvae in Cambodia
- Fried Ants in Cambodia - Frog (no issue, actually)
- Plants and tree leaves in UP campus (of course, only the edible ones that my botanist-friend attested as safe to eat). Like we would walk beside some buildings, pick some leaves, rub them clean on our shirts, then chew them down. Great snacks!

Widgets

No comments:

Post a Comment